Egg noodles with tuna and oven roasted spring vegetables
Updated: 05/29/2012 07:58 AM
By: Chef Dan Eaton
• 2 cups rough chopped Vidalia onion
• 2 cups rough chopped carrots
• 2 cups rough chopped asparagus
• grape tomatoes
• 1 bag egg noodles
• salt and pepper to taste
• olive oil
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 2 cans of tuna
• juice of 1 lemon
• chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees a good bit ahead of time and also get a large pot of water going for eventually cooking the egg noodles.
2. Then use a large baking tray to combine 2 cups each of peeled and rough chopped asparagus, peeled and thinly sliced carrots and rough chopped Vidalia onion, toss those with oilve oil, salt and pepper to taste and pop the tray into the oven.
3. You'll want to give those about a 10 minute head start in the oven and then, at that point, add the bag of egg noodles to the boiling water, and also add the olive oil and salt and pepper seasoned grape tomatoes to the roasting vegetables and let those cook along as the rest of the veggies are finishing up.
4. Keep your eye on the egg noodles. They're going to take around 8-9 minutes to cook and, when they're just about done, add about 1 cup of frozen peas to the water, let that go along for a minute, then drain those really well.
5. Add the pasta and peas back to the pot. Add the roasted vegetables, add 2 well drained cans of tuna, a few Tbs of olive oil, the juice of one lemon, and handful of chopped parsley, toss everything to coat and it is good to go!
Back to list